Commercial Property Insurance

Commercial property insurance from AmTrust is crucial for any business that owns or leases property, covering physical damage or losses to buildings, equipment and inventory.


Why Do I need Commercial Property Insurance?

Commercial property insurance restores your building, contents, business income and rental income after unfortunate but oftentimes commonly experienced losses such as a fire, explosion, water damage from a burst pipe, damage from storms, theft, vandalism, and flood and earthquake (when this type of coverage has been added to the policy). Commercial property coverage helps small business owners get back to normal operations by paying to repair and replace what was lost or damaged after these types of losses, and helps pay for the lost business income or rents that resulted after these events. 

Why Choose AmTrust for Commercial Property Insurance?

As an industry leader in small business insurance, we understand how important it is to make sure you are covered. We know that small businesses can be devastated by a workplace injury or a data breach. The same applies for your business property as well. A natural disaster, fire or theft can bring your operation to a halt.

Our dedicated team of professionals is ready to customize a product to fit your needs.

Level up your knowledge
Commercial Property FAQs
What is a commercial property insurance policy?

After a physical loss or damage occurs, having a commercial property insurance policy helps protect your building, its contents, and any resulting impact on your business income. For example, it can reimburse you for the cost incurred to replace stolen goods, the repairs resulting from the damage to destroyed property and equipment, the lost income that results and extra expenses needed to get your business back to normal.

What does a commercial property insurance policy cover?
  • If your business property falls victim to a fire, theft or destruction from a national disaster, commercial property insurance protects you against the cost to repair or rebuild your building, to repair or replace its contents, and the loss of income that results in shutting down operations due to a covered event.
    Our domestic property and business income insurance also includes equipment breakdown coverage.
What are AmTrust’s preferred property classes of business?
  • Condominiums and Cooperatives
  • Office Buildings
  • Apartment Buildings
  • Retail Centers
We offer expanded coverage terms and conditions for preferred properties across the country, including enhanced coverages and limits (check with your AmTrust representative for current state availability). We can customize broad coverage options and limits available for building, business personal property and business income.

The following exposures are generally ineligible for our BOP coverage:
  • Professional Offices
  • Business & Personal Services
  • Retail
  • Restaurants
  • Contractors
  • Auto Service
  • Buildings with more than 25 percent vacancy
  • 24-hour retail
  • Seasonal operations
  • New venture with 3 years experience in general management of another operation of similar type and size
What coverage endorsements are available?
The Platinum version of our Property Expanded Coverage Endorsement (PECE) provides  44 additional coverages and limits, including 11 business income type coverages and limits such as:
  • Newly Acquired or Constructed Property – $2,000,000 Building/$1,000,000 Contents up to 180 days
  • Ordinance or Law Coverages B and C – up to $10,000,000
  • Debris Removal – $2,500,000
  • Sewer, Drain or Sump Discharge – $250,000
  • Water Seepage – $25,000
  • Fungus, Wet Rot or Dry Rot – $100,000
  • Tenant’s Liability for Damaged Property – $25,000
  • Fine Arts – $100,000
  • Business Personal Property – Expanded Premises (1,000 feet)
  • Business Income/Loss of Rents Expanded Coverage Option
  • Extended Business Income/Loss of Rents – 365 days
  • Dependent Properties – $250,000
  • Spoilage – $50,000
Optional Property Coverage
  • Flood – up to $10,000,000 in lower hazard flood zones
  • Earthquake – up to $10,000,000 in lower hazard earthquake zones
  • EQSL – up to $10,000,000 in any earthquake zone
What does commercial property insurance cost?
Like most insurance policies, the cost will depend on many factors, such as the size of the business, the industry, and the characteristics of risk. Contact us today to get a quote.
Stay Connected